You might think furnace-related maintenance is only for the winter months, but you’d be surprised at how a tune-up and repair can increase your comfort and efficiency through the summer months, as well! Your air conditioner uses the same air handler as your furnace, so regular furnace tune ups will make sure both your cooling and heating systems run efficiently year round. Coleman Heating offers furnace tune ups by certified professionals to building owners in Greater Vancouver.
Do I need a furnace tune up?
Furnace manufacturers recommend a furnace tune up at least once a year. This not only ensures the safety of your furnace – it can also increase its efficiency and lowers your energy bills. How, you might ask? Over time, furnace connections may become loose, increasing the possibility of leaks in which your heat does not get delivered into your home and can be wasted.
Additionally, dust, soot and debris can build up in your furnace, either in the compartment or the fan, impeding with your furnace’s functionality. Yearly furnace tune ups can prevent breakdowns, extend your furnace life and increase heating capacity.
You should pay particular attention to your furnace if you notice one or more of the following:
- Short cycling – your furnace is only running for short periods (less than three minutes) before shutting off.
- Uneven flame – the flame in your burner is uneven or leans toward the back of the furnace.
- Rumbling or strange noises – there should be no rumbling or popping sounds coming from your furnace.
- Chronic illness – if you are experiencing frequent headaches or flu-like symptoms, it may be a sign of leaking gas.
- Soot deposits – this fine black powder can collect in your furnace when combustion is incomplete.
What is done during a furnace tune-up?
We make sure to thoroughly perform the following inspections and adjustments for your furnace:
- Perform a thorough carbon monoxide and gas leak check
- Inspect and tighten all connections
- Inspect and clean gas burners
- Inspect flue assembly
- Inspect heat exchanger and combustion chamber
- Align fan motor and lubricate bearings if necessary
- Inspect fan belt for cracks or fraying and tighten if necessary (on applicable models)
- Inspect, clean and adjust pilot assembly
- Test capacitor, safety controls and gas pressure
- Ensure emergency shut off switch is functioning
- Inspect ventilation air supply
- Inspect, clean and adjust blower motor and fan
- Inspect circuit wiring
- Clean blower compartment and return airdrop
- Seal any air leaks
- Examine and advise any additional energy saving opportunities
- Replace furnace filter
- Present complete tune up report
Tune me up, Scotty!
Our specialists at Coleman Heating are dedicated to providing you the most in comfort and quality service. Keep your furnace in tip-top shape and book your furnace tune up today for only $139. Or pair a furnace tune up for $139 with another HVAC appliance such as a heat pump for $69, to save big time! That’s $139 for the furnace and only $69 for the heat pump when repaired and serviced together.
Call us at 604-466-5895 or fill out our online contact form and speak to one of our experienced representatives today!