It is important to keep your fireplace cleaned and maintained on a regular basis. We at Coleman Heating provide licensed gas fireplace service and maintenance to homeowners in Greater Vancouver, ensuring an efficiently run fireplace and the safety of you and your home. Service and repair starting from $139!
Hot Off The Press
Your gas fireplace should be cleaned and inspected once a year to keep it maintained – most manufacturers recommend that you service it as the fall season begins (September – October) so that it is ready for optimal use in the winter months. It is also very highly recommended that you have your gas fireplace serviced by an authorized professional to ensure your safety and that of your home, and improve your fireplace’s efficiency.
How will you service my fireplace?
Our qualified service professionals will perform the following maintenance on your gas fireplace to ensure safety and efficiency:
- Thoroughly inspect for gas and carbon monoxide leaks.
- Clean and inspect pilot, burners, and control compartment.
- Clean and inspect glass coverings and exteriors.
- Clean and inspect logs.
- Inspect and test gas pilot safety system.
- Inspect and test ignition and combustion.
- Inspect and test fan operation.
- Inspect venting, ensuring there are no clogs or accumulated debris**. We also check for any condensation forming in the vents and tighten any joints that might be causing it.
- Inspect door gasket.
- Check for any signs of wear, corrosion or rust and determine whether parts need to be replaced.
- *If you have any broken logs, you should not use your fireplace. Instead, turn the gas valve off and ensure the pilot light is off. Use the appropriate replacement log for your fireplace model.
**Blocked venting in your gas fireplace or chimney is a serious safety issue and should be addressed immediately before using your fireplace. If you suspect this to be a problem, please contact us at 604-466-5895.
Keep Me Burning
Our reliable and qualified service technicians will perform a complete inspection and maintenance on your gas fireplace, ensuring your safety and optimizing your fireplace’s efficiency. Call us today at 604-466-5895 to consult with one of our experienced representatives or fill out our online contact form!